Thursday, February 27, 2014

Delivering Love


I've mentioned before that we really enjoy visiting the nursing home with our 4-H group. Some of the homeschoolers of our club visit one of the nursing homes during the school day. The kids like making cards and visiting with the residents. Before we went for Valentine's Day, Henry said "I know when we go to the nursing home they gonna kiss me. They like to kiss me and hug me." Henry frequently finds himself on the receiving end of a smooch on the cheek. I love that he isn't bothered by it in the least.



The kids take a bit of a divide and conquer approach and travel down the halls. We're definitely "organized chaos" as getting preschoolers to do anything in a methodical manner is hard,  but we get the job done. 


This was Felicity's first trip and she and Liberty got lots of attention. The three of us often fell behind because residents and nurses alike wanted to see the babies. 


Towards the end of the visit at the first and largest nursing home, I let Liberty out of the stroller and she insisted on carrying a bag of cards like the big kids. The bag was nearly as tall as she is but she wouldn't allow anyone to assist her.


Later that afternoon, we met up with some more 4-H members and visited two more nursing homes. The other facilities are smaller and we get our visiting done much faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment