Thursday, August 28, 2008

Taking a trip

Kent purchased a new (to us) truck on eBay. The only problem - it was in Tallahassee FL and we aren't. He found a really good deal on plane tickets so we flew to FL and picked it up. The going away party.



The plane tickets weren't such a great deal that all six of us could go so Kent's mom kept the kiddos while we had a child-free 24 hours.



The plan was for Vicki to come to our house at 6:00 am and all the kids stay in bed. Griffin had a rough night and ended up sleeping with us. When we got up at 5:30, so did he. He then ran through the house screaming "It's time to get up!" and turned on all the lights. We were able to get Ben to go back to sleep but everyone else settled for a movie fest in Mommy and Daddy's room.



Here we are at the airport. I have to admit I was very nervous to fly. Something about going through security made me ill. I really did think I was going to be sick. Oh, and check out my new purse - Isn't it cute!!! I don't know when the last time I bought a truly new purse was but I like it.

Once we were in the air I was fine. I was thankful to touch down though.


I was very surprised at how small our plane was, babycakes ;) . I know that they can be smaller but I have only every flown on a 747 (in highschool before all the 9/11 stuff). When we landed in Charlotte we had to walk to the terminal in the rain. Our flights were delayed all day and we arrived in Tallahassee almost 2 hours late. We picked up the truck and headed home.




We stayed in a hotel in Troy, AL. It was nice to just have a small bag for an overnight trip instead of the usual loads of things we bring (pack and play, suitcase for the kids, extra diapers, extra clothes for the kids, etc)

Sorry about the sideways picture. I have no photo editing software on this computer and this camera doesn't turn them automatically like my old one did.

1 comment:

  1. Fancy, fancy...don't you look nice! It's not easy being green, but it looks good on you! Love the new purse...too cute!

    ReplyDelete