Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Many Hands

I'm a firm believer in the saying "Many hands make light work". This house would fall apart if I was expected to take care of all household chores. Each of our children from Ben to Madisyn help greatly by doing their part.
I *heart* the sheets on our bed. They are a luxurious high thread count and oh so soft. They are in great shape except for the elastic. I wash the sheets every week and they go straight back to the bed. I do have another set in case of emergency (which happens with kiddos) but this set is generally on 24/7.

So what's a Momma to do when the sheets she loves don't want to stay on the bed. Well I could put new elastic in them. I'm perfectly capable and it wouldn't be that daunting of a task but I can also get mitten clips and clip the corners. Viola! Problem solved.

On this particular day, Ty decided to help and put the clips on the sheets.

Exhibit 1


I guess he's never seen exactly how I clip them (I clip one side of the top corner to the other side of the top corner. The clip is under the mattress when correctly applied.) so he attached one end of the clip to the sheet and the other to the bed skirt. Works pretty well, I'd say.

Exhibit 2

This is my side of the bed. I have basket with fabrics I want handy on the shelf under my bedside table. The baskets hold quite a bit so they're a little heavy. This time he decided to vary the method and attach the sheet to the basket.
I'm sure there will be many more opportunties to practice his method. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I'm very extravagant. I have two sets for each bed; actually, four, if you count the winter flannels. I know I should be more frugal, but I hate making the bed in the evening, and, if I try to wash all the sheets in the house, something gets in the way of them being done early, it gets to be that late before they're all done and on the beds.
    I'm a failure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, I have two sets but I'm too lazy to have to fold them. LOL From the dryer back to the bed - no folding. :)

    ReplyDelete