Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Weekend

 
We started off our weekend by visiting the Children's Museum of Memphis with our friend the Mashburns and the Tims. After we left the museum, we went to Colton's where our 17 children were incredibly well behaved.


Then we went to Mammy and Granddaddy's house on Saturday for lunch and an egg hunt. I forgot my camera so we didn't get any pictures there.


When we came home Saturday evening we dyed eggs. This year I got smart. I bought two dye kits and I bought the ones that come with bowls. My cereal bowls aren't deep enough and I was quite glad to not have to clean them all.


I also go out the leftover gloves from our last homebirth and had everyone glove up. No blue fingers in Easter pictures!


I don't know what it is about dying boiled eggs that brings so much joy. Our children look forward to it every year and no way are they going to forget!


Libby didn't get to participate this year but she enjoyed the fun!




After church services we invited Mr. Mark, Mrs. Janet, Nana and Unc over for lunch. Henry felt it was his duty to share everything he's every done with Mr. Mark and Mrs. Janet. I don't know how he managed to eat a bite he was so busy talking.


Another tradition we participate in is new dresses and matching shirts for Easter. Our children fully understand that Easter is a celebration of Christ's resurrection. We enjoy hunting eggs, dying eggs and dressing up but those are just temporal traditions that truly mean nothing. Easter is a time for all believers to rejoice that Jesus laid down his life for ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment