Monday, August 17, 2009

Trip to the Nature Center

Robin came over on my birthday and we made our first 6 children outing. We wanted to do something with the kids and Robin remembered how much fun we had at the Crowley's Ridge Nature Center in Jonesboro
(http://www.crowleysridge.org/ ) the last time we went. My van can seat 6 in the back when a special "jump" seat is installed and off we went!

I don't know if I've ever shared pictures of me wrapping Ben but Henry was the guest of honor in the wrap today. I've been babywearing from the beginning but when Madisyn and Ty were only 18 months apart I found it to be so wonderful. I found the directions for making a wrap at http://www.babywearer.com/ and Robin and I made matching wraps when Ben and Raegen were babies.

We started off on the trail behind the center. Madisyn, Ty, and Griffin checked out the map so they could lead the way.


Posing for a picture along the way.

4 out of 5 with their heads going the correct direction. I'd call it a success!

Next, we hit the Discovery Room. Look what I found Aunt Stacy!

The tables were equipped with plastic molds for doing rubbings. We had a great time making pictures of things from trees to butterflies to alligators to flowers and everything in between.


Read us a story Aunt Rah.
There were lots of things to "discover" in the Discovery Room.

We watched the movie that told about the formation of Crowley's Ridge. It's complete with flashing lights, misting fans and rumbling bleachers. When we watched it last year no one was startled. I don't think Griffin and Ben knew what to think when the bleachers started shaking the first time!
They have an arcade style game where you can go on different types of hunts.
Everyone had a turn.
Griffin needed some help because that gun was really heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment