Wednesday, April 16, 2008

More Spring Beauty

I wanted to share/document a few things from the front flower bed.



The pansies are doing well. I added hay to the bed last fall and almost smothered them but they are out in full force now. The Hosta Lillies are coming up nicely and the green leafy thing in the middle of the picture is one of the Mums I planted last fall. I wish I would have planted the large mums I had in pots, I'll try to remember that for next year.

I'm not really sure what will happen here. I tried to get a Clematis to grow last year and ended up planting two in my attempts. Neither one seemed to survive but the previous years morning glories appeared and climbed the trellis. I believe this is one or both of the Clematis plants. It should be interesting to see what comes up - Clematis #1, Clematis #2 or Morning Glory.

I wanted to show what a difference a few days make. Several more Irises are blooming now. I love the purple color. I'm on the look out for yellow Irises that I can plant for next year to mix in with the purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment