Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hay-ving a good time

This year was a tough year to plan a hayride but I'm so glad we did. Most of our family and tons of our friends joined us for a good time.


We started the evening off with weenie cookin' and marshmallow roasting. The weather was perfect. Just warm enough you didn't need to bundle up but cool enough for no bugs and a fire was welcome.


The kids were super excited that Uncle Scott and Mrs. Hannah were going to make it. I think getting to be part of Clara Beth's first hayride might have had something to do with that. ;-)










We planned to have potato sack races but the tater sacks didn't make it. Griffin had a mini break down over the idea of no games. Thankfully, Daddy came to the rescue and suggested garbage bags. I don't think this will be a permanent change.





Garbage bags aren't made for the roughness of jumping people even though they are made to hold a falling piano. ;-)






Egg toss is another game we tend to play.


I think Uncle Scott and Uncle Kirk are training for the extreme egg toss games. ;-)


Since I was very pregnant and barely walking, I opted out of the hayride portion of the activities.


I have to say, it's a little more comfortable to stay behind. ;-)


But I do believe I missed out on a great time!




Last year, the picture I shared of Scott and Hannah was a newlywed shot. Now they are 3! What a difference a year makes. {Clara Beth is all bundled up under there.}

No comments:

Post a Comment